Help

vector-sqaure ukflag

What is “QuickTips”?

educational resources
web tools
ESL / EFL teaching

“QuickTips” is a small weblog managed from Italy and written by an Italian EFL teacher.

Italian education is far from being technologically ready to face the web 2.0 revolution, but its will to improve and to learn is great and real. I teach English to Italian young learners and this has helped me a lot in surfing the web, improving my ITC knowledge and merging it with my everyday teaching. But if most of the teachers among the Internet users do speak English, many others don’t. There are still too many really good teachers in my country who use the Internet and the pc just to write or send emails ignoring its many useful tools and the wider possibilities given by the Web. And as the Internet in the English language spreads among the English-speaking world teacher net, it inevitably shrinks the possibilities to be better managed by the many others who can’t speak English at all…

disgruntledpc

I love this comic 🙂

The main aim of this blog is to (prevent our computer to react like that 😉 and….) suggest further ways to explore the ITC and the Internet, realize their power and mix it with education. In my posts you’ll find some useful applications, websites, tips and software that I’ve found while surfing the web and which I believe to be able to improve the teaching and the ITC knowledge of my many Italian colleagues in order to teach English and other subjects in a more positive and modern way. That is the primary reason why this blog is written in Italian.

vector it flag

Can’t you speak Italian?

If you are an Edublogs user and don’t know Italian, please notice that every post of this blog contains a great deal of references to web apps, websites and tips written in English. Most of the categories are in English and every link points to outer posts in the web that you will certainly find easier to read, being them written in English as well. So, don’t step away but follow the picture, the tip and the link. I’m sure you’ll find something useful for your computer, for your own blog and for your teaching.

Coming soon: a useful Sitemap